Encore VFX is looking for a CG Supervisor to join its team! The CG Supervisor is a key leader, overseeing the project through the production pipeline. The ideal candidate is a strong leader, excellent communicator and CG Generalist with a good eye for aesthetic and solid technical understanding of the entire CG pipeline.
The CG Supervisor is responsible for determining the requirements needed to achieve the desired look for specific projects, as well as close communication with creative and technical department leadership to help manage in identifying processes and procedures to improve the quality of work.
The CG Supervisor works in conjunction with VFX Supervisor, Production, and Creative Operations to develop a strong and flexible CG pipeline in Houdini. The Candidate will be capable of working with the project coordinator and producer to facilitate the scheduling of artists while working with VFX Supervisors and Creative Operations to provide artistic and technical notes to each team. In addition, the CG supervisor will oversee all elements created by the CG team and follow them through to final composition. They CG Supervisor will workclosely with VFX Supervisor to interpret the creative vision, oversee every aspect of production, and plan a pragmatic way to deliver on that brief. They will lead artists both technically and artistically, while delegating roles and responsibilities. They will also conduct industry research and professional development.
- Design, execute, and manage high-level CG for use in final compositing through a team.
- Addresses the body of work arriving from scanning and previews for initial color-correction requirements/ initial shot composite requirements
- Monitor shot continuity in all aspects of quality control, including finalcolor-correction for timely delivery.
- Define crew training plans with leads and oversees training of new team members
- Monitor resources, throughout each day, and delegates work priorities based on fluctuations in schedule and shot progress.
- Work with production to manage the resource workload.
- Daily monitoring of the render queue and review of previous night logs for deviance.
- Daily review of shot progress for film-out and approval for shots when the criteria are met for film-out.
- Assisting with notes and archives if necessary
What You Bring
The CG Supervisor will bring the ability to work on the box (as the lead artist) as show size and needs require. They will also bring the ability to facilitate production needs of every team member by guiding and mentoring artists while maintaining team morale. They’ll bring eagerness to tests new techniques and technology as necessary and help leads and crew develop one-off techniques as necessary. The CG Supervisor will bring previous experience with heavy scheduling while performing daily work as well as excellent working knowledge of Houdini, Maya, and RenderMan
- Working knowledge of Nuke, Python, Unreal, and USD a plus.
- Complete understanding of 3D principles and production pipelines is essential.
- Proven team leadership and strong motivational skills.
- Able to effectively and collaboratively communicate with people at all levels from leads to first day in the industry as well as technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and positive morale generating style.
- Strong problem-solving skills.