We're looking for a highly skilled Destruction Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about world-building and experienced in creating high quality, in-game environment destruction.
What you’ll do…
- Break up environment geometry and run Maya or Houdini dynamic simulations of their destruction.
- Preserve existing UV information and generate new UVs as needed after fragmenting the geometry.
- Set up objects for real-time destructibility using Physics and Destruction.
- Placement and creation of particles for destructible objects and other effects.
- Ensure that dynamic effects run within established game-engine operating parameters, and scaling level of detail as needed to accomplish this.
- Implement physics simulations into Unreal Engine using Blueprints.
- Work in other disciplines in down-time, such as prop modeling, texturing, or particles.
- Provide feedback to tools programmers and coordinate efforts with other dynamic artists to streamline methods and improve efficiency.
- Work closely with designers to fine-tune the timing of complex interactive dynamic effects.
- Create cloth motion simulations, and fine-tune them for aesthetic effect.
- Coordinate with Environment Artists to seamlessly integrate dynamic effects into environments.
Ideally, you'll have…
- 1+ years’ experience in games as a Destruction Artist.
- Extensive experience working with Maya dynamics or Houdini, including cloth.
- Experience with Houdini is a plus.
- Proficiency with Maya modeling and UV tools.
- Experience working within Unreal Engine and implementing Destruction Animation, including Blueprint scripting.
- A great eye for what is cool and a good sense of environment animation timing.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of rigging is a plus.
- Mel/Python scripting experience is a plus.
- Must provide samples or a demo reel showing applicable experience or take a Destruction Test.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Shipped AAA game(s) a plus.